The traditional way of washing the car with hose and lance has given way to pressure washers and foam guns in recent years. Even if you’re not that keen on detailing or washing your car, owning both a pressure washer and a foam cannon makes the job a lot easier and with better results. Foam guns are fairly simple products, they attach to a pressure washer and coat your car with a thick layer of foamy soap so you can start washing right away. Instead of constantly dipping the glove or sponge in a bucket full of soap, you can simply use the best car wash foam cannon for pressure washer to prepare your car for cleaning.
Using a foam cannon also means using the right amount of soap needed for the job, rather than wasting excess washing in a bucket. Plus, you don’t have to constantly put the glove back in the bucket for more soap, which means less chance of dirt getting back on the paint.
You may notice when purchasing a foam cannon that most of them are made overseas, which means that you will see a lot of similar products. In fact, most of them don’t have any real, great features to separate themselves from the competition. So how do you choose? You’ll want to keep an eye out for brass connectors and a quality bottle, as the most common problem with foam cannons is the bottle breaking at the neck.
In this article, we’ve researched dozens of the most popular foam cannons, narrowing the list down to the top 10, based on product quality and price. Again, most of these products will look and likely be the same, just under a different brand.
For more information on the best car wash foam cannon for pressure washer , see our table of contents.
Chemical Guys’ Foam Blaster 6 Foam Gun is a fun and easy tool for washing any vehicle. With the power of your garden hose, the Foam Blaster 6 Foam Gun creates super foam that loosens dirt, road grime and grime for a perfect washing experience. The innovative Foam Blaster 6 was developed for high-performance washing. Just add 2 ounces of your favorite Chemical Guys car wash shampoo to create an exhilarating car wash foam. Chemical Guys’ Foam Blaster 6 Foam Gun makes washing cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, and RVs exciting and easy. The cleaning foam created by the foam gun removes dirt, grime, street grime and grime while reducing the chance of your paintwork being damaged and scratched. The Foam Blaster 6 Foam Gun allows foam to crawl into the tightest of places to remove dirt and debris. The durable construction is designed for performance and durability. The scope of delivery of the Foam Blaster 6 Foam Gun includes the precision spray handle with which you can quickly flush your vehicle with the user-friendly trigger handle.
The difference between a foam gun and a foam cannon
A foam gun connects to your garden hose.
A foam cannon connects to your high pressure cleaner.
Pros and cons of a foam gun
Pros: cheaper and faster to start, because you don’t need a high pressure cleaner – just your garden hose.
Cons: does not provide such a thick foam. Plastic construction.
- Before using the foam cannon on your vehicle, spray it on your driveway or sidewalk. This will give you a better idea of how it works and you are less likely to damage your car. You can also experiment with the spray pattern and dilution rate to find the combination that works best.
- If you have a very dirty vehicle, you may need to use a little elbow grease in addition to the foam gun. This is great for breaking up a bit of dirt, but on cars and trucks covered in dirt, you may want to rinse the vehicle, spray it with the soap from the foam cannon, and start over.
- If you run out of car shampoo, don’t use dish soap. While it is designed to remove grease and food from dishes, it is not good for your vehicle’s finish. Dish soap is abrasive and can cause paint to dull and even oxidize. It will also break down any wax you have on the finish.
- Check gallons per minute and pounds per square inch on your pressure washer before purchasing a foam cannon. Some products are designed to work with certain types of pressure washers. Make sure you have selected one that is compatible.
- Whether you wash your vehicle with a bucket and sponge or a foam cannon, be sure to rinse it off in a timely manner. You don’t want soap residue on the finish to be exposed to direct sunlight for long periods.
- However, do not rinse off the sprayed foam immediately. Wait a few minutes for the formula to break down the dirt. While you wait, you can clean the wheels and tires with a separate cleaner.
- Thoroughly rinse the vehicle after using the foam cannon. Make sure the cracks and crevices near the edge of the door and the eaves are soap free. For even better results, dry the vehicle with a chamois leather.
Best car wash foam cannon for pressure washer Benefits
- Save water and soap. When you hand wash your machine with a hose, you can lose a lot of water. By connecting the styrofoam to your pressure washer, you don’t have to empty the bucket of soapy water that you no longer need after finishing work.
- Easy to clean. Since the foam gun connects to your pressure washer, you don’t need to dig out the bucket and other accessories to wash your car. When finished, just store the pressure washer along with the cleaning products.
- Save your car shampoo for future use. If you wash your car with a mitten and a bucket, you will usually have to drain out the soap and water that you end up not using. The foam guns are airtight, so you can leave the cleaner inside and just use it the next time you need it.
- Save your time. The foam cannon is powerful and easily spreads the soap all over the vehicle. It may take a little longer if you do it manually. Just turn on the pressure washer, aim the cannon and it will do it for you.
- They are versatile. In addition to cleaning your car, a foam cannon can refresh the sidewalk, garden furniture, siding, roof and more. In addition, they are great for cleaning motorcycles, motorhomes and caravans.
Types of Best car wash foam cannon for pressure washer
This feature, known as a quick release or quick release, is found in most products on the market today. Opposite the adjustable nozzle is a 1/4-inch external connection that attaches to most pressure washer rods. The ability to quickly and efficiently remove the foam cannon at any time makes it easy to switch between rinsing and washing your vehicle. There is no need to purchase a special attachment.
Foam cannons with this function can often be set so that they not only spray more or less foam, but also spray in a fan or jet pattern. With these two adjustable functions, you can adjust your dilution ratio to suit how dirty your vehicle is, and adapt to the parts of the vehicle that you flush. A fan pattern works best across the entire vehicle, while a more direct flow allows you to target specific stubborn areas like wheel arches.
TIPS WITH INTERCHANGEABLE NOZZLES
Many foam guns will also be equipped with interchangeable nozzles differentiated according to the spray angle. For example, common angles can include 15, 25, and 40 degrees. While these nozzles attach to the end of the pressure washer wand and not the tip of the foam cannon, they help direct the flow of water where it is needed most.
Depending on the manufacturer, foam cannon bottles will land somewhere on a spectrum between opaque and transparent. Opaque bottles will not allow you to see the contents, so if you like to watch the foam cannon in action, you should lean more towards a clear bottle design. While this feature won’t necessarily affect the foam cannon’s operation, you’ll have to rely on weight to recognize when the dull foam cannon is nearly empty.
Many manufacturers specialize in offering a high quality foam cannon that they label “professional level”. In fact, this translates to heavy materials (like stainless steel) that are better able to withstand abuse. The quick-disconnect fittings are made of stronger metals, the bottles themselves are robust and built for durability and a thicker foam can be produced. High quality materials usually mean a higher price point.
Disclosure: innozoo.com participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for publishers to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.